Hey guys, how are you all doing?
As you’ve seen by the title it’s my birthday today! Yes I am a December baby. With everything happening lately we kept it casual and low-key for my 19th.
I felt a bit like a little kid on Christmas as I woke up at 7am before everyone else so to wait until everyone woke up I tried to get back to sleep. Even though I’m not one to have a full blown party and prefer to keep it casual I can’t help but feel excited as it is my birthday after all.
This is how my family and I celebrated my birthday.
- Started off with my mum and step-dad surprising me with two massive rose-gold coloured balloons with the numbers ‘1’ and ‘9’.
- Went out for lunch. Got a Caesar salad and a cappuccino ☕.
- Hung out at my grandparents for the afternoon and had a family dinner.
- Oh! And I can’t forget my cake. It was a cookies and cream cake from The Cheesecake Shop. How delicious does this look!
What I got for my birthday
I was spoilt today and got a range of gifts. I’m a lucky girl and if any of my family are reading this. Thank you, love you xx
- A navy coloured dress with a cherry pattern. It’s a lovely flowy dress that reaches just above my knees. It’s an off the shoulder dress with an elastic waist to adjust to a comfort fit along with a belt to tie the waist. From Kmart.
- A (slightly) dark green with a cat print and the words ‘Not Today’ underneath, It’s a size small but it’s what I would imagine a medium to large is. Easily fixed when tucking in jeans or shorts if you love the baggy look like me. I love it and currently wearing it as I’m writing this! From Wish.
- Pillow Thought by Courtney Peppernell
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
I fell in love with this type of poetry after reading Lang Leav’s Sea of Strangers. I don’t know how to describe it but it reminds me of conversations you’d have late at night. Those vulnerable conversations you’d share with only those you’d trust. I’ve wanted these books for so long but have always been a bit on the expensive side, making me a bit hesitant. When mum saw them on the Facebook being sold for $10 each I was won over. So mum bought them and I had to wait until my birthday to see them. I’m just so excited to start reading these.
- A Kindle from Amazon. This is an amazing gift. As you can tell I’m a lover of books, always have been and always will be, but I’ve never owned a Kindle. I’m thrilled to try it out and add hundreds of more books to my ever growing list.
Trinkets and Gift Cards
- I received a gold cactus jewellery trinket holder. Perfect for holding rings in the base and could even potentially hold bracelets around the cactus arms.
- You can never go wrong with a gift card. I got one for Kmart which I’m very excited to use!
My advent present for today was a Vaseline body lotion.
Hope you enjoyed that post of my birthday! Have you read any of those books or own a Kindle? What were your thoughts on them? Cya tomorrow
Until next time…