Hey guys, hope you’re all having a merry day!
As you can read from the title, this post is going to be the Christmas Tag. This popped up when I was researching. So without a further ado, make yourself comfy and enjoy 🙂
- As a kid, did a sibling ever receive a present that you wished was for you?
Until I was 12 I didn’t have any siblings, so in answer to the question, no I haven’t had any of my siblings receive a present that I wished for. At times when they’ve received toys that are similar to toys I used to love, it would remind me of the time I would be into that.
- Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I like the idea of giving gifts but I always get so nervous that the person isn’t going to like it. Even if I know for certain that the person would like it.
Honestly, overall, I do enjoy giving gifts. It’s Christmas!
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No I’ve never done New Year’s resolutions. I like to think I go in with a open mind and let what happens, happen.
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No our family don’t. We place last minute presents under the tree and hope the cats don’t get to it. We open all our presents Christmas morning.
- Have you ever made a snowman?
In Australia our Christmas is during summer time ☹. I envy Christmas’ in England rugged up with a hot chocolate. I’ve never seen snow before…maybe one day.
- How do you decorate your house for Christmas?
Well first we put up our tree then add little ornaments around the house. We have cute little signs and put up our Christmas cards on display. To finish it off on our mantel we bought some fake holy and garlands.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
The tree in my room is fake but for the first time we are having a real tree in the lounge room.
- Tell me which celebrations you like the most that out of a birthday celebration or Christmas celebration?
Definitely Christmas. For some reason whenever my birthday comes around, I don’t really get excited. Like I do but nothing compared to Christmas.
- Use one noise to describe how excited you are for Christmas.
*Squealing and clapping*
- What is your favourite Christmas film?
Only one?! I might have to cheat and list at least 5:
- Santa Clause: The Movie (1985)
- Polar Express
- Love Actually
- Arthur Christmas
There’s so many to choose from. I love them all!!
- What is your favourite Christmas song?
Oh wow again I can’t possibly pick one. I will try for a top 5:
- Do They Know It’s Christmas Time? (2014) – Band Aid 30
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) – John Lennon
- O Holy Night
- All I Want For Christmas Is You
- One More Sleep – Leona Lewis
Even that was difficult. I love them all! OH, recently I’ve discovered a new Christmas song that I’ve fallen in love with. It’s called Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby and David Bowie.
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
That the moment the 1st of December arrives everything feels so much more exciting. Decoration are hung up, Christmas songs are being played, Christmas movies on the TV, it is the most wonderful time of the year after all.
- What makes the holidays special for you?
How everyone makes a bit more of an effort to do things, whether that’s just a simple smile or making people feel so welcomed and loved. Everyone just is happier as if a weight has been lifted. It’s one of those things where you just can’t help but feel excited, everyone’s inner child comes out for Christmas.
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
To go to England. To experience a cold Christmas instead of one that’s around 35℃. Or even New York. I’ve seen pictures of a Christmas in New York with all the snow and it looks gorgeous.
- What do you like the most you: stay at home with your family or travelling with them on Christmas?
Staying home for Christmas or a Family Christmas. I wouldn’t go travelling on Christmas Day, to me, it’s a time to spend with family rather than spending Christmas on a plane. If anything I would travel before hand and spend Christmas as a family there-does that make sense? Travelling on Christmas Day specifically would not be fun.
- When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
I reckon I start getting excited, really excited, when the Christmas Pageant is on the TV which is near the beginning of November (10th). It’s a massive pageant through the city that is aired on TV annually. There are floats and music. Pretty much from then on the shops start stocking for Christmas.
- Who does a lot of work in your family on Christmas day?
My mum is the who is always organised, get things prepared and the cook in the family. We would be lost without her xx
- You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
For everyone to be happy-cliché, cheesy response, groan- I know but it’s true. You see so much hate I wish we all could just be happy.
- Are you on the list of naughty or the nice list on Christmas day?
Well I’d like to think I’m on the nice list!
- Where do you usually spend your holidays in Christmas?
I spend my Christmas with my family. In the morning at my home and then from lunch onward at my grandparents.
- Do you open any gifts on Christmas evening?
In the morning my family and I open all of our presents, as we listen to Christmas music, and then around lunch time we head down to my grandparents and open some more presents there!
- What was your most shocking Christmas incident?
Let’s just say too much brandy was poured over the Christmas pudding, it trickled off the plate onto the table cloth and when the pudding was lit the table cloth caught on fire! I think I was 10.
- When you were a child, at that time, what did you think about a Christmas day?
As a child Christmas is just magical. In a way I still think that. When I watch the Christmas Eve carols I still feel so giddy and I love watching my brother and sister’s (they’re 6) reaction on Christmas Day. As it says in Polar Express, “the bell still rings for those who truly believe”. If you haven’t seen it, you’ve got to!
- Where you do go shopping for Christmas?
Anywhere and everywhere. I’m not picky. If I see something that I think someone would like I just grab it no matter what the store is.
- What is the meaning of a Christmas according to your belief?
My family and I just believe about spreading happiness, feeling grateful for what we have.
- Have you ever had a white Christmas?
No I haven’t. In Australia it’s hot, hot, hot!
- Do you wake up early in the morning on Christmas?
Yeah I do. Even though I’m supposed to be way past this staged I still love to wake up early.
- If you could be in any Christmas movie then what will you want to become in that movie?
Now this is a perfect last question. I did some serious thinking to come up with an answer because there are so many amazing Christmas movies. If I was to be in any Christmas movie I would like to be apart of Love Actually. I’m interested to see what my story would be, who I would be connected to.
Today’s advent present is a new moisturiser. Cute travel size, never tried this brand before but looks really nice.
So guys this is my Christmas Tag. I hope you enjoyed reading this and got you into the festive spirit! Sorry it’s up later than usual. Just letting you know I did not make up any of these questions and picked random ones from these websites down below (I’m not 100% sure if they got it from another source):
Until next time…