Hey everyone! How are you?
Welcome to me partaking in another readathon and I’m so excited about this one. So much work has gone into it, you can tell. As you can see from the title the readathon is based on the infamous Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I came across this and I immediately signed up. This will be the third Harry Potter readathon this year I’ve done haha (O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts).
This readathon is hosted by Chapter Charms and all the information for the readathon is right here for you guys to check out if you want to take part in it! It starts officially from the 11th of November (First task) until the 15th of December if you exclude the YULE ball.
I will be in the Hogwarts school as I’m in the group September-December. You will be faced with three tasks (Dragons, The Lake and the Maze) and within each task there will be challenges you need to pass. Each week there’s a minimum of two books to be read. The one rule for the whole readathon is that you can’t double up on challenges. Each task is a week long and after each week, if you want, you can send in the number of pages you read to go towards your school. Again, all information is on Chapter Charms blog and twitter.
This is going to be such a fun readathon to participate in. This TBR is very up in the air as it holds lots of possibilities! (Warning you’ll see just LOTS of options and some books used for multiple prompts).
First task: Dragons (11th – 17th November)
~ For the first part of this task you’re assigned a dragon. The Hogwarts house is assigned the Common Welsh Green dragon and the prompt for this is to read a historical book. ~
My options for my dragon is:
- Pestilence by Laura Thalassa
- The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh
~ After you’re given a dragon then you can choose your method (do more than one for extra points). I plan on doing one but in case I have time I thought I’d plan for the other prompts as well. ~
- Conjunctivitis Curse – a historical book: P&P with Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith or Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- Bewitched Sleep – read a whole book in bed: (see books for Speed prompt)
- Speed – read a graphic novel: Little Witch Academia Vol.2 by Yoh Yoshinari, Death Note Black Edition Vol.2 by Tsugumi Ohba, or Tokyo Mew Mew Omnibus by Mia Ikumi
- Distraction – read a book with an animal on the cover: The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
I know all my graphic novels are Manga’s but I have read majority of my graphic novels and want to read something new.
Second task: The Lake (25th November – 1st December)
Who you will be saving is worked out depending on the amount of points you earned in the first task. Extra points can be earned by saving the others.
- Significant other – read a book with romance: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett, or A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Siblings – a book with siblings: Enchantee by Gita Trelease, Caraval by Stephanie Garber, or P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Friend – a book about friendships: Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater, or Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil
~ Like the first task now it’s time to choose the method…. ~
- Gillyweed – a book with water on the cover: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- Bobble-head charm – a book set in space: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Transfiguration – a book about a sea creature: The Nymph King by Gena Showalter
Third task: The Maze (9th – 15th December)
~ Need to face at least one of the obstacles in the maze ~
- Blast ended skrewt – a book outside your comfort zone: The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas (never read on this topic before) or Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (again with the topic)
- Boggart – a book that contains your fear: Beautiful Mess by Claire Christian
- Acromantula – a recommended book: Ace of shades by Amanda Foody, Cruel prince by Holly Black, or Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Sphinx – a book about or with a puzzle: —
- Golden mist – a book with something upside down on the cover: The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh
~ Finally you made it through the maze and to make sure the trophy isn’t a port key read a book involving any kind of travel. ~
- Time travel: The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell, What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon, or The Surviving Trace by Caia Read
So that’s my hectic TBR. Will be interesting to see what I end up reading and how much I actually read. Thanks for reading this post. Are any of you taking part in this readathon? Let me know 🙂
Until next time…