Hey everyone! How are you today?
I thought it’d be fun to do a full summary of all the books I read in 2019.
I just want to say with my ratings they might be different from what I initially gave them because I’ve decided to round up or down to what I felt like fit them the most.
Total of Books: 74
Gender of Authors: (how many male and how many female)
Males – 8 books
Females – 66 books
*I read the Manga version/adaptation of the Count of Monte Cristo and this was done by females, although, it was originally a male author. I still counted it under the female category but thought I’d mention it.*
Seems as though I was drawn to more female works then men’s. I found the same thing when I listened to audiobooks.
According to Goodreads I had an average rating of 4 stars and 1 DNF.
My highest books rated were:
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
- Heartstopper Vol. 1 by Alice Oseman
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Heartstopper Vol.2 by Alice Oseman
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater
- Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
- Pestilence by Laura Thalassa
- Saga Vol. 1 & 2 by Brian K. Vaughan
- Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
- The Surviving Trace by Calia Read
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell
My lowest rated books were:
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (didn’t know what to rate it)
- Twilight: The Graphic Novel by Stephenie Meyer, Young Kim
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (DNF)
- Contemporary – 4
- Historical fiction – 14
- Paranormal – 6
- Dystopian – 3
- Autobiography – 2
- Graphic Novels – 8
- Mangas – 10
- Classics – 3
- YA – 12
- Sci-fi – 1
- Fantasy – 7
- Short stories – 1
- Poetry – 2
- Non-fiction – 1
This was harder to do than I thought as there were a few books that could meet multiple genres so I picked the ones that were more suited towards one than the other. Like some Manga’s I read were adaptations of classics but I counted it towards Manga’s (get it?)
- Audiobooks – 6 books
- Physical reads – 44 books
- Kindle reads (e-books) – 23 books
- Gilmore Girls Readathon
2019 was a really great reading year, in fact it might be my best reading year yet! I had so much fun, tried out new style of books and took part in readathons that I wanted to do last year!
Props to all bloggers who wrote a post like this and added pictures and even more detailed stats! This was fun to write but at the same time a lot so I kept it pretty basic!
Cheers to another amazing reading year and the reading years to come!
Until next time…