Hello everyone! How are you today?
This is my official last post for 2019. I hope you all have a Happy New Year and 2020 to be your best year!
2019 was a very odd, different and disorganised year. It was definitely a year that’ll stand out to me for various reasons. This may seem like a random post but to celebrate the end of the year I wanted to do an overall summary to note and to help myself reflect on everything that’s happened.
- Had my first ever job interview experience but sadly didn’t get it (and still haven’t managed to get a job)
- Spent most of my time visiting my grandparents for company and hospital visits
- On the 1st of February my grandpa passed away
- A month that revolved around his passing
- Near the end of February I did something out of my comfort zone and began to write as a contributor for a blog/website called JNSQ, that was an awesome experience
- A stray cat adopted us. It was lost so we gave it food, water and a spare cat bed outside as we felt like our other two cats wouldn’t appreciate an intruder. The family nicknamed him/her Mittens because he/she had dark fur except on the paws which was white fur. He/she was very friendly and loved pats and company. After nearly a month we handed her over to the RSPCA where they located his/her’s family. Sad to say goodbye but happy that Mittens is back with family.
- O.W.L’s readathon (so much fun and definitely will do next year!)
- After taking a year off I prepared myself for Uni by doing a mini course on Coursera
- My grandma got a dog! Her name is Grace 🙂
- Officially started Uni to do my main core topic for first year to finally complete it
- N.E.W.T’s readathon (definitely going to participate in again)
- Gilmore Girls readathon (LOVED)
- Triwizard Tournament readathon
- I reached 100 followers on my blog (thank you so much!)
- Received my first ARCs through NetGalley
- Sat my end of year exam for Uni and passed all my assignments!
- My birthday – now 20!
- New Year’s
There were other overall things that I worked on throughout this year such as:
- My mental health
- My weight
I don’t talk a lot about this on my blog but I hope to one day. It’s areas that I know that will continue to affect in years to come but this year I definitely had ups and downs. Never been smooth sailing but what truly is, right? Otherwise it wouldn’t really be something to work on.
Regarding my weight, I need to gain it, and I have good months as well as bad. Since the beginning of this journey a couple of years ago I know I have improved but I’m still far away from my goal. I just need to remind myself to take it one day at a time.
Same thing goes for my mental health. I’ve been slightly daring with it. I still make an effort to attempt stuff instead of letting it control me and completely avoiding it. This can be seen when I have to go to the shopping centre to meet up with someone but as I can feel overwhelmed in busy places I’ve started to arrive earlier and have a walk around on my own. I usually listen to music or something in my headphones while I do it and try to adapt to the busy shops. When I started Uni again it was big for me but I’m glad to have started. I only went in when I had to but hope to do more next year.
Through blogging I’ve talked to some really nice people and I love how welcoming everyone is which makes me so happy to have started this. My blog is about a year and half old.
- Go to Uni more and attend lectures
- Continue doing Yoga
- Participate in the same or even more readathons!
- Do another mini course before Uni starts
- Get my license (hopefully)
- A job (again, hopefully)
- Continue writing and posting on my blog and having fun! (No worries about that!)
I hope you guys have a great new year! See you in 2020
Until next time…