Hey everyone! How are you?
It is the end of April and that also means the end of the O.W.L’s readathon. At the beginning of the month I said that I hoped to achieve the magical careers of being a wizarding Journalist/Writer and, if I had time left, I’ll go for a bonus career of Care of Magical Children.
I can happily say that I completed the prompts, exams, to become a Journalist/Writer!
- History of Magic (witches/wizards) – Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Muggle Studies (contemporary) – Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
- Astronomy (read majority at night) – The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
So, in August I will be doing the N.E.W.T’s for the Journalist/Writer to finalise it :). As I completed this I thought I’d try to also go for my second career, Care of Magical Children.
- Arithmancy (outside comfort zone) – Becoming by Michelle Obama (I feel like I kinda chested as I was already a couple of hours in. I’ve been listening to the audiobook, which I definitely recommend, and slowly worked my way through it. The political aspect had me lost but Michelle Obama still kept it interesting and I really loved her telling us her story. I’m not one to read autobiographies but I just had to)
- Charms (white cover) – The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater
- Defence Against the Dark Arts (set at sea/coast) – Bloom by Kevin Panetta
- Herbology (title starts with M) – Mated to the Alpha by J.M Klaire
- History of Magic (witches/wizards) – The Witch Boy by Molly Ostertag
- Muggle Studies (contemporary) – The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- Potions (under 150 pages) – When a Scot Ties the Knot Bonus Epilogue by Tessa Dare
- Transfiguration (shapeshifting) – Blood Oath by Raye Wagner
I, unbelievably, somehow, managed to do this. Honestly, Illuminae was my book for ‘Outside Comfort Zone’ challenge, but as I didn’t finish it in time but had finished the audiobook for Becoming I thought I’d do a sneaky swap. I mean Becoming was out of my comfort zone. That counts right? Please. Haha
Additional Books Read
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- The Darling Buds of May by H.E Bates
I’m really happy with my reading for April. Also I didn’t feel really rushed reading each book. I didn’t put any pressure on myself like I sometimes do for readathons which causes me to get into a slump. I had fun and got to read heaps of great books!
*Edit: just finished Illuminae and loved it! I was so close to finishing it in April but had only 100 pages left. So good.
How was your April?
Until next time…