Hello everyone! How are you?
I’d hoped to have posted this TBR at the beginning on the month but better late than never. The moment I saw Foxes and Fairy Tales post her TBR I knew this sounded like such a cute and fun readathon. As I completely flopped with the #MakeYourMythTaker I’m hoping to redeem myself with this readathon. I’ve been in a good reading mood and hope that continues for this month.
Info for readathon:
- Runs from 1st to 31st July
- The Twitter account is @Pixarathon
- 14 reading prompts (added bonus to reach the full 28 prompts by watching the movies for each prompt)
- You can’t double up for prompts and can be read in any order
I’m only aiming to complete the reading prompts. Alright, I’ll say now not all of my book choices are set in stone but right now these are the books I’m hoping to read.
- Toy Story is all about fun, friendship and children’s toys: Read a middle-grade
My book choices are either Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend or Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
A Bug’s Life
- In A Bug’s Life Flick saves the day with one of his inventions: Read a book featuring inventions or an inventor
My book choice is to read a book from The Falconer series by Elizabeth May. I don’t know if I’ll reread the first book or continue with the second. This is also the only book I can think of that has inventions with it.
- To power Monstropolis you need scream power: Read a book that will scare you
Okay, so scary/thriller/horror books aren’t usually my thing (call me scaredy cat) but I’ll try it out.
From the library I borrowed The House Next Door by James Patterson. It contains three short thriller stories. I, also, had never read a Jame Patterson book before so it’ll give me a taste of his writing as well as some mystery thrillers.
Also, I want to read The Guest List by Lucy Foley but I’ll need to wait until it becomes available at my local library.
- In Finding Nemo, Dory finds a new family for herself in Marlin and Nemo: Read a book featuring found families
My book choice for this prompt is Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Steifvater
- Even though superhereos are banned, the Parr family still try to save the day: Read a book about fighting for good
For this prompt, I’m going to pick up The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas.
*Edit: I have read this book in the first couple of days in the month. Definitely recommend!
- Lightning McQueen is on his way to fame and fortune: Read a book featuring fame or celebrities
I don’t have a book choice yet for this prompt.
- Linguine and Remy are an odd pair in Ratatouille: Read a book about an unlikely friendship
This is one that’s up in the air for me on what book to choose. My options are Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo or The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater if I manage to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
- In Wall.E, earth has been abandoned because it can no longer sustain life: Read a novel about a dystopian future
Firstlife by Gena Showalter
- Russell is a ray of sunshine, but Carl is as grumpy as can be in the movie UP: Read a book featuring characters with a grumpy/sunshine dynamic
This will be either Six of Crows or The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- In Brave, Merida accidentally gets a curse put on her mother: Read a book featuring an interesting mother/daughter dynamic
This is another prompt that I don’t have a book selection for yet
- Joy is one of the emotions you get to follow in the movie Inside Out: Read a book that will give you all the feels
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
The Good Dinosaur
- The Good Dinosaur features, you guessed it, dinosaurs, but also cavemen: Read a book that takes place in a historical setting
My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows
- Coco celebrates Mexican music, and culture: Read a book by a Latinx author
There are a so many I want to read so I haven’t chosen yet. I’ll see what I feel if I get to it
- Onward follows two brothers, Ian and Barley, on a quest to break a curse: Read a book with a focus on sibling relationships
A Pinch of Magic by Michelle Harrison
This book could also work as my middle-grade so I’ll keep that in mind but right now I’m gonna use it for my sibling prompt
If you’ve made it this far thanks for reading! Are any of you taking part in this readathon or any readathon in July? I’m also going to try taking part in the Reading Rush as well so I’ll be posting my TBR for that closer to the time. I’ll be matching my TBR for the Reading Rush with my Pixarathon TBR so there will be similar books.
Until next time…