I was tagged by Jess@ComfortReads Book Blog (thank you so much), definitely check out her blog! I know it’s after Christmas and nearly the New Year but I thought I’d sneak this one in quickly.
Sorry it’s rushed!
1. A Partridge in A Pear Tree – The patridge stood alone in a pear tree. What is your favourite stand alone?
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne and What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon
2. Two Turthle Doves – Love is in the air! Who is your one true pairing?
After reading the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (so stoked to have finished it!) my favourite couple is Cress and Thorne. I thought they were both so great and was always looking forward to their chapters.
Oh and a little shoutout to Zuzana and Mik (from Daughter of Smoke and Bone).
3. French Hens – In the spirit of threes. What is the best trilogy you’ve read?
Hmmm there’s a few so hears a few trilogies I’ved loved:
- A Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Surviving Time by Calia Read
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I remember this was the first series I ever became obsessed with)
4. Calling Birds – since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favourite series?
Again, I’ll give a couple of ones I’ve enjoyed recently:
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman (can’t wait for the 4th vol!)
5. Golden Rings – one ring to rule them all. Who is your favourite villain/antagonist?
Oooo this is a hard one…
- the Other Mother from Coraline by Neil Gaiman
I don’t know why…this was the first person who popped into my head so let’s roll with it. I do really love Coraline though! Don’t let her smile fool you…..
6. Geese A Laying – Creation is a beautiful thing. What is your favourite world/world building?
I feel as though I haven’t read enough fantasy or sci-fi to have a favourite creation of a world, you know? Most of the books like historical fiction/romance that I read are based in a time period period, nothing new.
I do like the world of Nevermoor. It does feel like a mixture of Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland.
7. Swans A Swimming – who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick? Who’s your favourite?
Favourite sidekick – Zuzanna (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) & Ella Malikova (Gemina)
8. Maids A Milking – milk is so 18th century. Which book/series takes food/beverages to a whole new level?
I haven’t read it yet but I hear With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo. The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa, I enjoyed reading the food scenes. I can’t really think of books I’ve read recently that had food that made an impact to the story.
9. Ladies Dancing – dancing is just one skill of a lady. Name your favourite kickass female lead
From recent reads:
- Annabelle Archer (Bringing Down the Duke)
- Hanna Donnelly (Gemina)
- Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3-#4)
10. Lords a Leaping – what about your favourite leading lad?
From recent reads:
- Nik (Gemina)
- Thomas Cresswell (Stalking Jack the Ripper)
- Thorne (Lunar Chronicles)
- Gideon (The Darkest Lie – Lords of the Underworld)
- Bitty – (Check, Please)
11. Pipers Piping – What is your favourite book or bookish thing with a musical influence?
Again I don’t read much that have musical influence (I need to step up my reading game!).
12. Drummers Drumming – drum roll please…what is your favourite book this year?
Alrighty drum roll! This is difficult for me even picking only one but I feel like I need to go with one selection and the book I pick as my favourite for 2020 is….What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon!
It just made me feel all the emotions. I read this around mid year and still talking about it. I remember crying at the end because of happiness (I can’t remember feeling that emotional over a book) and rereading the last passages to cling onto it. I loved the way it was written and how it all tied together. I needed that book and it gave me everything I wanted.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this and this will probably be my last post for 2020 as NYE is tomorrow!
I hope everyone stays safe, Happy New Year and I hope 2021 is the year we all thrive and grow and I wish you all have a good year 🙂
Until next time…