Hey everyone! How are you today?
This was supposed to be up yesterday but as I wasn’t feeling well I opted for today. I came across this tag on Chelsies @ Crazy4Books blog and thought as a Leap Year only occurs every four years I should take the opportunity to do this tag. This tag was originally created (co-creator) on the YouTube channel Melted Books.
1.An Extra Day: What is One Book That Brought a Little Something Extra?
Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (And Other Lies): Amazing Women on What the F-Word Means to Them by Scarlett Curtis
For me this stood out as I’d never read anything like this before. I rarely read non-fiction but this just grabbed my attention last year, something was telling me to read so I gave it a try and I flew through it. It surprised me with how fast I read this. So yeah, this book to me was great because it was inspiring and eye opening.
2. Taking a Big Leap: What is One Book That You Are Afraid to Read?
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Everyone knows about this trilogy. I don’t know why I haven’t read it yet. I feel like it’s going to really play with my heart and at the same time I’m worried it’s not going to live up to the hype.
3. Every 4 Years: What is the 4th Book You Read This Year?
Ink & Arrows by Shruthi Viswanathan
Sadly, this didn’t live up to my expectations. It just felt rushed, jumpy and you don’t feel connected to the characters.
4. 366 Days in the Year: Looking at Your 3rd Shelf, Name the 6th Book, And the 6th Book After That!
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
5. Leaping Ahead: Name 4 Books That You Want to Read by the Next Leap Year
If anything I hope to finish some of the ongoing series I am in the middle of. This sounds easy to be done but I get distracted with other books very easily!
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- The Diviners series by Libba Bray
- The Falconer series by Elizabeth May
6. Leapfrog: Name a Book On Your TBR That Has Green on the Cover
Well Met by Jen DeLuca
This sounds like such a cute rom-com! The audiobook for this just came through and I hope to get to it soon.
7. Bad Luck: What Bookish Things Do You Steer Clear From?
I’ll say dog-earring a page. It doesn’t make me feel outraged but I definitely prefer using bookmarks over turning down a corner of the page. I don’t wanna bend my book.
Hope you enjoyed this tag!
Until next time…